Update added by user Jan 08, 2015
Instead of correcting their misleading eBay listing and being honest, UnbeatableSales offered me $25 discount on a next purchase (never again) if I removed my negative eBay rating. I declined the bribe.
Original review posted by user Jan 08, 2015
Did my research at local stores and online, looking for a 3 part, deck mount, tub filler faucet.Narrowed it down to brand and model available at local stores for less than $200.
Unbeatablesales ad stated "BrandName Faucet" with an unformatted blob of text description for $252. It said: "Required roughy-in valve included". When the expensive faucet arrived, there was no faucet per se, (no rough-in valve or stems), just the empty handles and the center spigot. The actual valve and stems (called "rough-in") are an additional $95.
The box the empty faucet was in did not say "faucet" but clearly said "Trim". The box was open, not sealed and was not a retail box. It looked as if the trim and the rough-in had been separated to be sold individually. With misleading and buried description in the unformated text description.
When I called to ask for the rest of the faucet, the rep read the same description I had seen and concluded that the warehouse must have made a mistake. After several days of waiting, I received a very short email telling me to buy the rough-in kit because it was not included. Several emails and calls later, I insisted that they refund my money and send me an RMA and shipping label. The rep was very annoyed and exasperated but I insisted.
I was lucky to have ordered through eBay because eBay provides buyer protection. I will make sure to stay clear of this seller at all costs. Same eBay misleading faucet ad has been reposted as-is.
Buyer beware, you may not have the energy, time and patience to get your money back.Stay clear.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Ebay mandated refund
What I disliked
- False ad
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Product or service
- Tub Filler Faucet
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I got an offer of $200 for my iPhone 5. I accepted the offer and sent them a perfect phone. Today they emailed me that upon inspection the back of..."
- "They falsely advertised an $800.00 generator. After paying online, I was able to find a PDF of the manual. I found the TRUE specs of the fuel usage numbers. less..."
- "I will be attaching three documents pertaining to the way EBAY handles members complaints & what they do not do about it. I hate calling being on hold for ages..."
- "Purchased this bed with extended warrantee. 4 months later, bed collapsed. On August 29, 2015, I called service department explaining situation and sent pictures. They stated this has happened..."
- "Bought Go Walk Skechers and noticed when I walked the shoe would grab the floor. I was walking on a sidewalk and shoe stuck. I fell and broke my..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."
- "All seams on the chair the dye is all coming off to an ugly white colored leather underneath. Barely any use to the chair. I contacted Slumberland and they said..."
- "Your company stinks...I will never ever buy another or recommend Alpine or any other trailer from you people. I waited and waited for our camper from the first week..."